Friday August 16 to Sunday August 18, 2013
Campfire Picking • Jamming All Weekend
Celebrity Horseshoe Tournament • Sunday Morning Gospel
Camping Included with Festival Pass • Water & Showers Available
Food Vendor • Festival Souvenir Booth
Pre-festival camping, $10/unit/night, limited services
Festival Camping is included in your ticket price. Ness Creek is a rustic camping site with limited services - no electric sites, outhouse toilets.
Be Prepared! Bring: water bottle and water supply, sun screen, hat, insect repellant, musical instruments, credit card, money (no cash machines on site), warm clothing, rain gear, lawn chair, pickin’ stool, sun glasses, dancing shoes, flashlight, garbage bags, swimsuit, towel, can for butts and your ticket.
Gates open at noon Friday. The festival site must be vacated by Monday noon. No Glass allowed. No Recording Devices. No Beer Gardens, so bring your own beverages and keep it at your campsite!
There are bears and other wildlife in the area. They generally stay away from large, noisy groups of people but while we're there it's a good idea to use some Bear Sense.
MUSIC CAMP Camping - $10/unit/day; free on Fri/Sat/Sun.
There are a number of resorts, campgrounds and hotels in and around Big River.
- Big River Hotel 469-2030
- Poplar Point Resort 469-4987
- Delaronde Resort 469-4462
- Pickerel Point Resort 1-888-371-3383
- Classic View Resort 469-5728
- Delaronde Lake Campgrounds 468-2800
- Timberland Motel 469-4888
- Sturgeon River Ranch 469-2356
- Chez Nous Bed and Breakfast 724-4799
- Nesslin Lake Campground 227-WILD
- Morning Mist Bed & Breakfast (Toll Free: 1-877-424-2717)
- Ness Lake, Hackett Lake and ZigZag Bay 469-7744 or 469-5633
- or rent a camper from Retro RV Rentals 1.800.394.4521
Rules & Regulations
- Gates open Friday at noon, campers must vacate by Monday at noon.
- No glass bottles allowed. No fireworks allowed. 15 and under MUST be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- Quiet Camping is in the second field and will be enforced after 11pm. Late night pickers, please camp in the first field.
- Respect your neighbours. We welcome one and all to Northern Lights Bluegrass and Old Tyme Festival and Music Camp.
- LIQUOR MUST REMAIN AT YOUR OWN CAMPSITE.
- Fires are allowed in designated pits ONLY. If conditions are very dry, there will be no fires at all. Fires must not be left unattended.
- Driving on site at night is prohibited. Gates to camping fields will be closed at 11pm.
- Stay under the stars, not behind bars. The Big River RCMP will be monitoring the roads leading home, and they are very diligent. DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE.
- You are in Bear Country. Keep your campsite clean, store your food away from your tent, and dispose of garbage and recyclables at the stations provided. Read about Bear Sense.
- Northern Lights is family friendly. Our Children's Area has an unsupervised playground. Please supervise your children in this area.
- Always be respectful when lighting up, and take care of your own butts!
- In the event of a fire ban smoking will only be permitted in the Festival Area and at your campsite (provided you have a proper container to extinguish your cigarette).
- Water is available, but there is limited supply. Bring your own water, and conserve, conserve.
Pets are discouraged, but will be allowed under the following conditions:
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Pets are not allowed in the main festival area.
- Pets must not be left on a leash unattended at campsites, and must either be in your vehicle or in your camping unit when unsupervised.
- Droppings must be cleaned up immediately by owners.
- Unruly pets will be asked to leave.
Why not treat your pet to a spa holiday, and drop them off at our nearby pet resort on the way to the festival? Current Vaccination papers required, call for details.